Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Energy donation.

Assalamu'alaikum..

Every weekend in Giant, there will be a group of organisation who organized some kind of a charity program. They placed a bin for us to drop off any kind of dried food to be given to the needy. While we were shopping, we can by somethings and drop it off after we have paid it.

There first day it was held, I was clueless about that situation and what it is all about. So I ask my friend about that. Bla bla blaa.. She explained that to me. Devi was standing right beside me to know what are we talking about.

After I finished listening to that explanation, I sigh. I said to Devi that I have no money to buy anything and drop it to the bin. What surprised me was when she said that we can donate our energy. I was a bit puzzled by that term. Knowing that I don't clearly understood by what she suggesting, she said this to me

'Kita suruh orang yang tengah edarkan kertas tuh rehat. Lepas tuh kita ambil kertas dia. Lepas tu kita pulak tolong edarkan kertas tu. Macam tu laa cara kita nak derma tenaga, kakak.'

I was stunned. My friend and I were staring at each other with full of shame. We were shame by the fact that we as a Muslim have so many excuse when it come to donating something when this Indian girl, despite having no money, she still have another way of contributing and helping the needy.

It's a blessing that Devi is my friend. Whenever my Imaan was weak and I was in an unstable mood, she was there to remind me the wonder of the world. 

And I am thankful to God for blessing me with a friend like her.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment