Sunday, July 14, 2013

Islamic values from an Indian girl.

Assalamu'alaikum..

Today post is still gonna be about my chat with Devi. What can I say? She is an Indian girl who gave me the lesson of Islam in each action she did and in each words she speak.

It was getting near to 5 pm. 5 pm is the time when Devi is going to have her break time. And this, is my conversations with her

"Ada masa lagi 2 minit. Tak sabar laaa tunggu pukul 5 kakak." kata Devi
'Lapar eh?'
"Saya tak lapar sangat tapi saya dahaga."
'Laa, gi laa beli air kat dalam. Minum je.'
"Mana boleh. Kakak puasa, kakak dapat pahala. Nanti saya minum depan kakak, saya dapat dosa. Tak mau laa macam itu kakak."

*stunned. eyes teary

Then one of our friends, Vicky Thom which is also the super market staff came. Asking Devi whether it is already 5 pm. They were talking in Indian language but through the body language, what I understand was that Devi is telling him there is still one minute left.

I guess Vicky don't really care about the 1 minute difference. All he think is food, drinks and break time. He then walks away when suddenly Devi yelled at him. From my understanding, Devi told Vicky that there was still 1 minute left and Vicky seems not to care. Devi then looked at her watch again.

"Kakak, dah pukul 5. Saya pergi dulu. Babai."

2 lessons I learned from Devi today. To respect the time given by higher authority about when we should leave or not. 

1- At first, it was only 2 minutes of time difference to 5 pm. It it was me, I would just get out and have my break time. Yet, Devi stood still. Only going out for break when her watch is exactly on 5 pm. Masya Allah.

2- When I was younger, when one of my siblings is on period and don't have to fast, we will boast and show off to the other. Especially me. Cooking Maggi and eating it in front of the TV where the other were hanging around. But Devi, as an Indian girl, taught me what is right and what is wrong. She is allowed to eat and drink in front of me. In fact, she can do that. But she refuse it. Why? Because she knows that it is a bad things to do in front of a fasting people. Masya Allah.

I pray for Allah to open up my little Devi's heart about Islam. She is a great human being. And I know, that if Allah wills it, she will be a great Muslim. Insya Allah.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment