Monday, June 17, 2013

Kitchen, Communication and Memory

Assalamu'alaikum..


Cooking is fun. It really is.


Semester break almost end. And it's breaks my heart to leave my parents, my family and my home. If you asked me which part of semester break that I like most, I would say there are 3 kinds.


 1 - Spending time in kitchen helping my mom cooking meals                                                                              2 - Spending time with my family. Especially with my big sis and my baby sis
 3 - Spending time with my friends.


For some people, dinner table is where their communication happen. It's that time when they are able to chat with their family, getting updates on whatever happen in their life and stuff. As for my family, I would say that most of our communication happen in the kitchen. Especially when cooking.


It is that time that my father would walk into the kitchen, asking what meals we'll be having tonight, advising us to learn how to cook from our mom, chatting, telling us about his work and his work jokes and stuff.


And my mom would teach us how to cook the meal she is preparing. She will scold us a lots and sometimes we made a joke about it. There are times when she crack jokes with us and we all laugh. Our kitchen feels so blessed.


So, our little kitchen has a TV as my mom love to watch TV while she cook. In the recent event, mom was following a Malay drama tittle 'Teduhan Kasih'. She was crazy over the drama. One day, when she turn on the TV, there is no signal. Since my mom don't know how to find the tuning of the TV, she asked for my help. I have been tuning the TC for almost 3 times but that particular channel which played the drama was nt found. 5 minutes had passed since the drama started. Mom was not in ease and cooking process became slow. I was freaking out cause I was so hungry, haha. Then I try again, this time with all hope and the recitation of Bismillah, I started the tuning process all over again. And this time, Alhamdulillah, it worked! Mom was happy and I was happy cause mom start to cook faster, haha. Well at least, after 5 minutes of trying to tune the TV, I was the apple of my mother's eyes. Hihi ^_^


In this technology era, we sometimes forget how to communicate in the real world. We forget that our old parents is not used to the technology, facebook, twitter and stuff. We begin to talk less. But still, in this era, I find that kitchen was a tool in helping me to communicate with my family member. And I love my kitchen.


#when I am back to UIA, the thing I gonna miss most is my kitchen and the memory we have in there.





-Shah Sahaja-

No comments:

Post a Comment