Friday, June 21, 2013

The Eternal.

Assalamu'alaikum..



Today I would talk about LOVE. 

So, past few days my dad been suffering from a stomach ache. And it was lucky that, my mom is currently on her work day off until her pension day. So my mom was able to take care of my dad.

And it is this time that I am able to see my parents love towards each other. At night when my dad stomach is hurting, he would called my mom over to massage him with some kind of oil. As I called it 'Minyak angin'. My mom will do that until my dad feels better.

First day of my mom's day off, she prepared a lunch and my dad come back home to eat. Before, when I was helping my mom cooking lunch, she planned carefully first what my dad can and can't eat as at that time, my dad was not getting better.

There was one night, dad woke up in the middle of night and sleep outside, on the living room. I was not asleep yet at that time. Next morning, mom asked me if dad is in pain last night since dad is sleeping outside. She was worried of him and feel guilty because she did not realized that my dad woke up and sleep outside.

There are times when all of my siblings gather together in the kitchen to help mom cooks, dad would come into the kitchen and said stuff like 'You gotta learn how to cook from now on. When you get married, you will be cooking to your husband, just like mom. You surely don't want your family eating at a stall everyday, it's not healthy. God knows what they done with the food, oil, frying pan ans stuff.'

I was touched. He encouraged us and at the same time, my dad is praising my mom in front of her children. Making mom as our role model. My dad was not the type to express his feelings, and this is the way he express it. That I can be sure of, cause I inherit my dad inability to express our feelings, haha.

Sometimes, we are so busy looking at the Korean, Hollywood drama and movies, that we went up looking for that type of love when we know it is haram. And we forget the eternal love that is so pure and halal that lies right in front of our eyes. Our parents love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment