Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Marriage Talk


Assalamu'alaikum..





Wow~!
          It's been a long time ey? Haha. I was extremely busy with all the assigments, projects and reports. Then, it was the election day where we have a 3 days holiday so I went back home to clear my mind. Now that I'm clear, it's time to write again, hihi.

          Few weeks ago, my friends and I were having a discussion on Human Computer Interaction (HCI) projects. We were trying to finish our report that day. While doing the reports, we were chatting about stuff. And all of a sudden, a friend of mine bring up the topic of MARRIGE.

          My friend, let's just name her Miss A and I were listing all of the criteria that we want in a man to be our husband. And we both were saying the same one thing 'I just want a regular person, not too pious, not too bad. Just mediocre would be sufficient for me'.

          Now. The other friend of mine, Miss B asked us 'Why you want only a regular person? Why don't you hope and asked for someone better?'
Miss A and I again say the same thing 'Because we are only a regular person. We are the mediocre one'.

         Miss B said 'We should ask for the best. It is human nature to have and to get the very best of something. Yes, we were afraid that if we get someone who are much better than us, it would be difficult for us to handle. But still, why don't we try to change ourselves first? We should asked for someone who can guide us to the path of Allah. And we should be prepare for it. We as a women, our effort in finding a good man for our husband is not only to ask for our parents to choose the best for us, but we should also improve ourselves. We should make ourselves worth the person we asked for. For example, let's say that you want someone that always pray Fajar in the mosque, so you yourselves should start doing that. It's that simple.'

          I have no idea what Miss A was thinking what I was stunned by what Miss B said. I mean, I never thought of it that way before. She really was sent to me by Allah, for me to broaden my mind. And I am definitely, totally glad to have her as my friend.  :)

And Miss B end up our topic of marriage by telling us a beautiful story of a couple.

          'There was a friend of mine, who was very fond of a man. She loves and adore that man so much. They never talk, and perhaps the man never know the girl. But the girl was not giving up. She like him so much that she always pray in her Salah that he will be her husband. She pray for that in every prayer she did, in the 5 times prayer, Tahajud prayer and lots. Allah is indeed the one who can turn over the heart of His servants. And currently, she is now pregnant. And the father of the child is the man that she pray for in her prayer'.

          I guess it is true after all. Before you love someone, the one you should love first is Allah S.W.T. Cause after all, He is the one who create us  :)

-Shah Sahaja-

No comments:

Post a Comment